Week 2 Day 1

Well I started week 2 today. I actually managed to get through it quite comfortably which is shocking since I was dying last week. Maybe it's because I can control my pace better since I don't have to be playing around with my headphones. I bought wireless ones so I could just concentrate on running. Loving this so far, can't wait for day 2 on Wednesday.

Also I was using run keeper while running and when I checked the distance it was a bit off. It said I ran 3.21km while all other maps and checks I did said the route was 3.36km. Any idea why this happened? Looking at the map it seemed to cut a lot of corners.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm following one of the apps but on Mondays am going out with a group from my local YMCA who are running the programme locally. Yesterday I did day 1 of week 2 with the group but was only able to manage one complete 90 seconds jog. For the rest, I jogged about 60- 70 seconds walked for 10 and then finished with a jog. I was probably the worst in the group last night :( My breathing leaves a lot to be desired too! I'm 54 yrs old, size 16/18 but determined to do this. I am convincing myself that what everyone says is right and that suddenly I will be able to do this a lot more easily. I'm sure you will too and the help we get from this forum will pay dividends in the end.

• The forum is really helpful that's for certain

• RunKeeper does occasionally have its moments (mine has sometimes decided I flew into the middle of the next village and back in less than 5 minutes!) but I think that's probably to do with the (lack of) reliability of the GPS signal where I live... Mostly it seems to be accurate for where I run though, so I'd trust its measurements over working the distance out with a map afterwards.

• Yeah I'll see how it does tomorrow

You may also like...