Week 8, run 3 done!

I'm feeling really chuffed with myself about this. When I started I struggled to run for 60 seconds and couldn't imagine running week 2, let alone 28 minutes. I'm not fast, covering about 3.5k in the 28 mins but I'm also carrying about four stone in extra weight so once that goes I'm hoping I'll get faster? Anyway, here's to all of us, and to scary week nine 😊

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Excellent, well done.

Week 9 should hold no fears. You last 7 runs have all been of 25 minutes or longer with no walking breaks. At this stage, the last little bit is a small increment which you are more than ready for. Just keep it nice and slow and you will be just fine.

• Thank you!

• Exactly. I found Week 9 the easiest, though a large part of that was the result of getting advice from this forum.

• Wow, graduation is in sight, you're nearly there and Week 9 should be fine, you're so ready for it. Good luck . πŸ‘πŸ½

• Exciting times πŸ˜€ Good luck πŸ˜€

Dusts off Graduation podium πŸ‘‘

• Well done!! Enjoy those last few runs to graduation!! :)

• Wow, nearly there! Very well done. Do you live in Exmoor? I have family down there.....

• Sadly not, but I have a wee herd of exmoor ponies!

• Ahh, I love Exmoor ponies! Lucky you :)

• I do feel very lucky! My other love is spaniels, yours is gorgeous! My old springer made a fabulous running companion :)

• My doggie likes it when I jog in the forest and he runs off lead. Have you tried canicross? Some folk on this forum like it Maddee_6333

• You've done the hard bit, it's all downhill ftom here. Good luck with your last 3 runs. 😊

You may also like...