W5R3 Done!

W5R3 Done!

As a 53 year old lady who has never been able to run and breathe at the same time I am more then pleased to have completed my first 20 minute run. I started the programme in mid January and have stuck to it religiously. The program is brilliant and I'm so glad I found it. I've been reading lots of posts on the forum so I thought it was time to add my own.

I feared I might have to delay week 5 as I'm on holiday in Austria but I have managed to complete it. In fact the possibility of black ice underfoot probably did me a favour and made me go slower.

I look forward to graduating with my first 30 minute run in a few weeks- I think I've got the bug!

Below is the backdrop for my first 20 minute run this morning.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done you're doing fantastic and wow what a view to run with. Beautiful.

• Great backdrop!

Well done for sticking to the programme - just keep on with that slow & steady, all the way to graduation in a few weeks time.

The only treatment for "the bug" is to keep feeding it. ๐Ÿ˜‰(And checking out running gear on your rest days!)

• That is doing Week 5 in style! Good luck with the rest of the programme.

• Stunning!

(both your run and the glorious scenery) ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Wonderful mountains - great running. Well done.

• Hi... Stunning photo! Yes, the 20 minute run feels so good! Same situation here, almost... 52 and couldn't run without being out if breath immediately and now on week 7... I agree, the programme IS brilliant... magical almost! I've wanted to get into running for years and finally ran out of excuses... Have a great holiday and enjoy your runs with that dramatic backdrop...

• Wow beautiful scenery and a massive well done. Here's to your graduation in a few weeks. :-)

• Wow! That's fab. Beats the local gasworks ๐Ÿ˜

Sounds. Like you are doing really well. Going steady is best. Do so and you'll be fine ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...