Decline (without the fall)

Christmas Day parkrun was a highpoint - myself (40th parkrun), three sons, one daughter, one daughter-in-law, and a granddaughter, times ranging from 20 min+ to 40 min+. Age range 8-82. And then, a New Year present of the popular cold-cough-sore throat bug and 12 days of self-pity. So it was a relief to contemplate a return to the parkrun this morning but there was still a thin coating of snow on the paths and, as the duty gremlin pointed out, slipping on asphalt means at least a broken arm, doesn't it? I didn't go and guilt descended. Late morning, however, the sun melted the snow and there was nothing the gremlin could say. So I did the parkrun, late and unrecorded, but that doesn't matter too much, I'm free of shame.

Over the holiday period, I became the owner of a Moov Now, which I haven't seen mentioned in the forum. Like a wrist watch without a face, it has a range of training programs (not to mention ones for cycling and boxing). At the moment I am using it as an activity tracker, because I haven't had time to do more. If anyone has used one seriously, I should be interested to hear how they've got along. (It is also relatively cheap, at around Β£50)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • No advice re your activity tracker but love your high point story - fantastic.

• I don't have one of those activity trackers but just wanted to say well done on getting out there running later on in the morning once all had melted! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»

• Congratulations on that 40th Parkrun!😊 With all those family members, it must have felt very special too - what a wonderful role model you are to your Grandchildren.

Not heard of the Moov Now - might have a Google!☺

You may also like...