W4R3 - back on track

Happy New Year.

So having not run since before Christmas, due to a rotten cold and then being away, I was a bit apprehensive at how today's run would be. But I was pleasantly surprised that I did it, and very happy that the level of fitness hadn't totally disappeared. I wouldn't say it was easy, but certainly not as bad as expected. I think the worst bit was the alarm going off at 6.10 for the first time in 10 days!

I had planned to redo week 4 but given how I felt this morning, I think I'm happy to start week 5 on Friday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sarah, I salute you!! My attempt to get back into W4 turned into a practice run yesterday, fed up but not giving up. I may put myself back a week or two. Christmas, New Year and a change in medication have teamed up with the gremlins! Will be out trying again on Thursday. Have booked a personal trainer at the gym for Friday to give myself the proverbial kick .....

• Thank you.

Sorry you didn't have the best day yesterday, but a practice run is fine, I'm absolutely confident that you'll get back to where you were in no time. Don't beat yourself up about it.

The personal trainer sounds like a great plan. I was thinking of doing the same thing as I'd like a bit more of a plan for my non-run days which are a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Good luck for tomorrow.

• Thanks ... I feel that I'll need that luck, but I will be doing something, don't know what yet, haven't decided. The trainer has me doing a 1-hour session in the gym, mostly a set of core exercises with just a bit of cardio thrown in on the rowing machine because of the C25K (change of muscles usage, apparently!). I'll report back but am in awe of you still moving forward.

You may also like...