FatBoy is no more - I Graduated

Four years ago I started the couch to 5K programme, I got as far as week 7 before a very sore achillies tendon put paid to running - my physiology said it would snap if I carried on running.

On 20th August 2016, 4 years almost to the day I tried again, this time I had read about what causes Achilles pain ensured that I stretched it before and after each run and didn't go anywhere which had a hill.

I dutifully ran every other day until I got to week 9. Not going fast at all, just focusing on getting to the end. Which I did in late October.

At the same time I was dropping my calorie intake generally and doing the 5/2 diet (5 days on about 1600 calories, 2 on 600).

I now officially feel good, and having dropped 3.5 stone only 3 more to go and I'm no longer overweight as far as the NHS is concerned.

When I stopped as the weather was bad for a few weeks I went back to week 6, then did a week 7, a week 8 and am now back from my second week 9 podcast.

it does feel good to know that I can run for 30 minutes, can lose weight and generally feel great.

Thanks Laura.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done - a great lifestyle change! Happy running :)

• That is so excellent..well done you. I look forward to seeing your shiny new graduate badge any day now!

• Congratulations on a job well done. Sounds as though 2017 is going to be a great year for you! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

You may also like...