Week 8: Run 1

I actually ran on Sunday morning with friends from the canicross group and ran Monday evening (the official group run) as well, but I only finally managed to complete the first run of week 8 last night.

It was weird, for starters both my youngest son and husband are on their Christmas breaks so there were people in the house as I was going out, and on top of that, I didn't need to take the dog with me.

Anyhoo off I went, slightly quicker than usual from the start (because I didn't have to give the dog a chance to do her business). Not having her also meant I got to the running part of the evening a lot sooner, so was already settled into a rhythm by the time I hit my first uphill.

I can't say I was quicker over all (because I forgot to stop Map My Fitness when I got home) but it certainly felt like I was, and I had no problem keeping going for the whole 28 minutes. Though I did find myself wondering what the heck I thought I was doing, at around the 10 minute mark.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I was going week 6 run 3 tonight and I found the 10 - 15 minute section the hardest! I started wondering why I was putting myself through this, then I got over that and carried on!!

Anyway - well done you - you're nearly there!!! :)

• We both did it, we deserve a pat on the back!

You may also like...