I'm back but still laying low for a bit

It's been a very tough week. Unfortunately my back problem stems from the base of my skull to my bum (ow) and I'm now going to a private Chinese Health place for acupuncture, muscle manipulation and cupping therapy to help ease my pain. I can barely walk... but I've made a goal to complete week 3 as of Monday next week. I've got some time off coming up so I'm hoping to go swimming a couple of times... I really do miss running though it made me feel so good. Hope everybody is doing well on here!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to hear of the back problems Anna. :(

However, I am glad to hear you got proper advice you're getting something done about that. I hope it goes well so you can get back into running with the rest of us very soon. :)

• Thanks Lee! I've had back problems for years and it's just getting really rubbish. The lovely doctor asked if I had broken my back because of the amount of pain I'm in so I may have to look in to an x-ray to see if damage was done to my spine. Doh! Only 25 years old! Can't wait to get back in to it though. Thanks again for all your support :)

• No probs Anna. :) Well I really do hope you get it fixed. I have also had back pain in the past and I know exactly what it's like so I do sympathise with you. In fact, I've felt a few back twinges again on a number of occasions over the last few days but luckily it hasn't progressed on to me being totally out of action...yet! And I hope it stays that way too. :)

• Oh poor you. That sounds grim.

Trouble with back pain, too, is you don't look any different so you get less sympathy than with something more immediately evident.

Hope the medics get to the bottom (and top) of what's causing it. x

You may also like...