The Late Post

I had a terrible time yesterday trying to upload this post so gave up and that is why I am posting it a day late.

I was out running as day was breaking. I decided to run the same route I had on my two previous outings. I ran at my fastest pace , which, is still not very fast and would get me under 35 mins for 5k. For the moment I will continue to run shorter distances, very gradually building them while working on my pace.

It was a glorious morning to be out running and I thoroughly enjoyed it. By reducing the time spent running I can easily manage a run before work something that I was beginning to struggle with. A shorter run is better thanno run at all.

My legs are able to cope fine with the faster pace but my lungs are finding it harder work. Though I am pleased with how quickly I recover.

I took Laura with me but her batteries were flat so I ran in silence. I kept repeating 1234, 1234...... and this helped me to adjust my cadence and contributed to the improved pace.

Rest day today and I am itching to get back out running again tomorrow.

Happy running.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Good for you! I agree that a shorter run is better than no run at all. Plus, if you can fit your run in before work, you start your day on a high note. I'm going out in the early morning rowing sometimes, then I fit my run in at the gym in between work. If I am not rowing, I run earlier. Enjoy your next run, and don't work too hard!

• I admire your tenacity to get up so early for a run and all those shorter runs are building up your stamina and giving you really strong running legs ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

Oops just realised that I used the word "run" three times in a single sentence! Obsessed or what.......

• What?

You may also like...