Wake up world ☀️

Have just got back from my morning run. Took a lot of convincing myself this morning. It was wet, I was tired, I haven't run since Sunday, had a Chinese last night and can still feel it ( serves me right!) but I decided there were reasons to run, not excuses not to!

I decided to tackle my very first public run ( i.e. Running on streets not up lanes and round fields). I was a little self conscious st first, but guess what...no one appeared to bat an eyelid!

I ran the furthest I've run in 30 mins (3.64km) and I feel great!

Hope you all have a lovely day, great run or fabulous rest day☺️

Happy Thursday everyone 😘

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning ☺ Always do your scheduled runs. It's so much less tiresome than the mental tennis that ensues if not 😊

Yeah, no-one notices us. Crack on and have fun ☺

• I've found the dogs are the only creatures who really seem to see us when running. Suits me 😀😀

• Good for you for getting out there and running on the streets and it sounds like you had fun too! 😃😃

• I felt (and still feel) mega self conscious about running in public. I think I'm getting over it a bit but then I haven't seen anyone I actually know yet! I go out at 6am partly to avoid people and partly because it's the only time I can fit it in. But you're right, no-one is bothered and most other runners seem friendly creatures ;)

You may also like...