Officially a runner on 2 counts

First, Laura says I'm officially a runner now and second, I ran in the rain for the first time yesterday so i reckon that definitely makes me a runner (even if a very slow one!) I'd planned to do W6R3 but when I got up first it was foggy then turned to that wet blanket sort of rain. Thought about putting it off till today but then decided to go for it - I was sure I'd feel better for it so it would set me up well for what was I knew would be a difficult day (big changes going on at work and very elderly parents with problems). So glad I did! After 5 minutes running I didn't feel as good as 5 minutes into W5R3 and was thinking 'Hmm, 25 minutes seems like a long time' but then it got better and better and I speeded up a bit for the las 5 minutes with a bit of an extra push for the last minute and came back feeling really good and well set up for the day ahead.

I wore my new running leggings for the first time and they were great for that sort of weather - where ordinary trousers would have been cold and soggy they were still comfortable.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, orchards :) .

• Oh yes the right trousers! 😊Dri-fit run clothing is such a boon to us runners in any weather and fortunately it can be bought cheap as chips. As long as we have the basics we can weather the storm. Get a running cap! I got mine from Aldi, it even has a light in the brim 😊

Enjoy week 6 ☺ Take it steady!!!

You may also like...