Back out there!

Back out there!

I've just had enforced "couchness" with a sore knee. It's been very frustrating especially as it happened so soon after I graduated but I went out for the first time for several weeks on Friday and managed 25 minutes before the lungs gave out. I was quite pleased about that and especially pleased that the knee felt strong. I will be going out again tonight. I'm lucky that my usual running place is reasonably flat and very pretty.

I really want to build back up to 5k by the end of the month as I have committed to a charity '5k virtual race' in September so I must keep going. Wish me luck!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's fab Laura that you could get back into it with 25 minutes! Just keep it nice and slow to make sure your knee continues to behave 😊

• Very wise advice - thank you :-)

• Good luck, 25 minutes is fab! I'm also emerging from injury so am needing to take it slow and not get carried away with myself. Looks like a lovely place for you to run too.

• Glad to hear that the knee is holding up - take it gently though. 25 minutes straight off the IC is amazing. Just build up nice and slow so there is no return.

You may also like...