Back out there!

Back out there!

I've just had enforced "couchness" with a sore knee. It's been very frustrating especially as it happened so soon after I graduated but I went out for the first time for several weeks on Friday and managed 25 minutes before the lungs gave out. I was quite pleased about that and especially pleased that the knee felt strong. I will be going out again tonight. I'm lucky that my usual running place is reasonably flat and very pretty.

I really want to build back up to 5k by the end of the month as I have committed to a charity '5k virtual race' in September so I must keep going. Wish me luck!

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That's fab Laura that you could get back into it with 25 minutes! Just keep it nice and slow to make sure your knee continues to behave ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Very wise advice - thank you :-)

• Good luck, 25 minutes is fab! I'm also emerging from injury so am needing to take it slow and not get carried away with myself. Looks like a lovely place for you to run too.

• Glad to hear that the knee is holding up - take it gently though. 25 minutes straight off the IC is amazing. Just build up nice and slow so there is no return.

You may also like...