Squelch - Week 1 run 3

Squelch - that is the sound my trainers made this morning.

I had to drop my daughter off somewhere early this morning and today is a culmination of a year's worth of work which will be decided on how well she does today, so we were both a bit nervous. I dropped her off and decided that I would go straight out for a run to calm my nerves.

I went to the playing fields that I've been to for the last couple of runs to be kind to my knees. It had been raining quite a lot overnight and was still raining lightly when I started. I wasn't sure whether I should have a waterproof on or not so decided that as it felt reltively warm I would go without and just carry on in my normal running gear.

My feet seemed find but as I started my first 1 minute running segment they started to get wet. By the penultimate run they were properly squelching, yuk!

All the way through I felt in "the zone" and kept reminding myself to go slowly. There were a few dog walkers out and they all seemed friendly. No runners today but that was presumably because the ParkRun was in the next section which I made sure to stay well away from. I'm not ready for that yet!

I was glad to finish, get my trainers off and get dry in a warm shower. I'd happily run in the rain again and may have to invest in a running waterproof jacket.

Week 1 complete - one very happy Inspiredmum!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done! Sounded a great run too - Onwards to week 2 - yay! πŸ˜€

• Glad you squelched your way through! Good work. I like running in the rain, makes me feel like a hard core runner hahaha! ( I'm not really hardcore)

• My kind of run.. squishy trainers...squelching the mind gremlins with every soggy, step...slow and steady and on to week 2! :)

Well done you :)

• Running in the rain is the best!! 😊😊

You may also like...