Weather - reasons for not running

I'm trying to run 4x a week and that means I sometimes have to skip a rest day. So despite running yesterday I wanted to be out this morning for a standard 30 min trot in cool, fresh morning air. It's a great way to start the week. But at 4 in the morning I was woken up by the sound of pouring rain against the windows and thunder. Thunder? My still half asleep mind started to process the sound and as I drifted back into my slumbers I came to the conclusion that there were three types of weather which would stop me running: hail, high temperatures and thunderstorms. Don't want to get struck by lightning! By 5:45 it was still raining very heavily but the heavens were no longer growling so I headed off in the deluge, splashing through ankle deep puddles, trying to avoid slippery piles of leaves, squelching and puffing, watching the sky slowly get lighter as the sun rose. I was slow, but it was very exhilarating. I really like running in the rain😎 Happy running, folks!

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Good on you,,,sounded great!! πŸ˜€ I'm afraid the rain woke me up and I rolled over and went back to sleep .....my bad πŸ˜‚

• I am still so envious of anyone who can write 'a standard 30 min trot'! I still look like a Russian weightlifter on his final try at 200kg after 30 minutes :) I am loving that you ran while the sun rose and in the rain. That paints a magical picture.

Note to self *get up and get out EARLIER*

• To be honest I don't look much different from you at the end of the 30 mins!

• So do I 😊 it's great being out as the sun comes up. Not that I do it often 😊

You may also like...