Couch to 5K
74,103 members105,962 posts

It's the end of the world as we know it...

So it's taken a LOT longer than 9 weeks BUT I'm claiming my graduation please. I've run 5k 3 times now in around 30ish mins.

It's an emotional time. I'd like to thank all those involved in the making of this graduation namely MM, you lovely lot and, ME! As I saw on a t-shirt today? "I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself ". It's tricky not to slide into smugdom at this juncture, but if you can't allow yourself a little self- satisfaction now and again it's a pretty poor show ☺

Park run next. Booked in for 2 weeks time in Brighton. Well, Hove (actually )...we'll see how that goes.

16 Replies
oldestnewest

YAY! Well done - 30 mins is an ace time :-)

1 like

Congratulations to you!!! Good luck on your park runs :)

1 like

Bloody hell, if you can't be smug for running 5k in 30ish mins three times in a row I don't know when you can. And do you feel fine?

1 like

I do feel mighty fine! I've had two rest days between the last two which has helped I think. I also think it was a question of confidence - once I'd done it once with MM, I knew I could run 5k so I just do run 5k. Profound ☺

1 like

Yep :)

Sorry, couldn't resist (never knew it was REM!)

:) :) :) :) :)

1 like

Well I was also toying with Everybody Hurts or Shiny Happy People (I'm not technical enough to share a YouTube clip ☺)....

1 like

🎈🎉🍾🏆👍👏 Congratulations on your graduation. You are so fast already. Wow! You'll be sub30 very soon.

1 like

Well done! :)

1 like

Congratulations on a fine graduation run 🍾🍸🍾🍸🍾🍸🍾 hats off to you - great time 🎓✨🎓✨🎓✨🎓 You will love your park run - woo, hoo⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

1 like

Well done YOU! 👍🏼

1 like

Congratulations! A little smugness is definitely called for!

1 like

Runs like that deserve to be celebrated! Very well done, enjoy your new badge!

1 like

Congratulations so well done.

1 like

Congratulations!! Well done, your badge looks great. :)

1 like

Congratulations :)

1 like

You may also like...