Am I really considering life after Laura?

Strange change of mindset today... instead of thinking "if" I finish the programme, it's been more of a "when" I finish sort of day. So me & hubby plodding through week 6 at the moment, with completion date scheduled by end August. So, to celebrate & hopefully keep our momentum going, we've just signed up for a 3k fun run on 4th September. Our first ever race, wow! Would have preferred a 5k, but it took place in June - options for September were 3k fun run or 10k. Think 10k might be out of our league for a while yet, but who knows what the future may bring... Going to sign up for Park Run this week too, but not sure if I will go this early in programme or wait until week 9. Decisions, decisions lol

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's great Polly - well done you. Know what you mean about the mindset - you do get to a certain stage and start believing and planning. Great post as it shows how far we can all come in a few weeks :-)

• Great to sign up for a race. Now you have to keep going and achieve this. A 3k run will be great. You will know you can achieve it easily by end of programme and can even try running it a bit faster? Good luck☺

• Amazing! How lovely that you have something to look forward to when you graduate! You're right to think when rather than if - you will complete the programme!! :)

• It's a fab feeling when you realise barring injury that you will do this and say " when " instead of " if" !! You are doing great!

You may also like...