Still plodding along!!

I started C25K last September and joined these forums a little later. I've not been on much lately due to losing my routine with running but have been reading posts and seen a lot of new names coming through. Thanks to reading some inspirational posts on here I got back out yesterday and ran a new route along the coast, it felt hard and I just did 18 minutes but I am determined to get back on track and finish this programme! I had made it to week 7 previously but can't quite do 25 minutes again yet. I am hoping I can get to 30 minutes in time for my one year anniversary. So if anyone if wondering whether you have to complete this in 9 weeks, no you don't! Good luck everyone 😀

4 Replies

• Well done for getting back into it. Don't be afraid to take it slow and build up as you don't want to risk injury by pushing too much too soon. Perhaps you could try starting from around week 5? Then you can do a couple of interval runs before moving on to longer continuous runs and it will build you up again. Let us know how you get on :)

• Well done for getting back out there. You're approaching it in the right way, nice and steady. And you're right, there is no hurry. It took me six months to complete the programme with one thing and another.

• Absolutely no pressure to do it in 9 weeks at all, you're right! I'm on about 16 weeks now, and haven't quite finished week 6 yet...

Well done for getting back out there - you can definitely do it! :)

• It took me about 11 month to complete, even though I wasn't happy with how slow I moved and wasn't completing 5k in 30 minutes. I then developed a habit of walking half way through so decided to do c25k all over again but at a faster speed than first time (which technically was my second attempt as I'd gave up on week 3 the previous year). So I'd been doing well after completing it third time round on the treadmill, I've since took it outside and developed my walk breaks again!! However I'm going with it this time in hopes one day I'll do my route without stopping, although come winter I'll be back to the treadmill. I went out with my super fit hubby on Sunday morning, who pushed our son in his wheelchair while running round with me, how managed banks I do not know!! Anyway it came in as my fastest run yet, so a PB!! Keep up the good work, your so right, it doesn't matter how long it takes, you will get there xx

You may also like...