Dodgy Foot

My foot has always got pins and needles and gone a bit numb around 20 minutes in and I've now discovered it's arthritis at base of my middle toes πŸ˜•. I graduated 2 years ago and run 5k about twice a week. I'd like to run further and more often and have a couple of 10Ks planned late summer but wondering if It's actually a good idea to keep running at all. I'd love to hear from others experience of running with arthritis as I'm loathe to give it up.

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That sounds painful but I think you should ask your doctor this question. Good luck.

• Do you know for sure It's arthritis? You don't mention any pain? tight shoes especially across the top of the mid foot width can cause p&n, need a wider shoe? are laces too tight? orthotIc insoles may help, but probably best to see a doctor/physio.. I have a bit of mild discomfort sometimes at base of middle toes/front of ball of foot, I try and keep the pressure off this area especially when going uphill, which made it flare up in the first place, but it ain't easy..😊

You may also like...