w8r1 under my belt!

I can't believe how far I have come. I feel a different person, I've even bought two running mags! Oh I've looked at them before, but never in a million years ever thought I would be anywhere near like the women pictured inside. I don't mean looks wise, I mean in athletic ability. I always thought running for me was unobtainable, whilst secretly hankering after joining the ranks. Well w9 is in my sights now and I am wondering what the next goal will be?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done only 5 more runs until graduation.

• Well done! I am currently procrastinating (1 hour so far, don't know why because I love it once I'm out there) as I am doing W8R1 today 😱. Like you never thought I could run even though I really, really wanted to. I actually took out a subscription to Women's Running before I had even made it out of the door! Some of the women in the first issue I bought actually looked as if they may have eaten cake at some point in their lives and that gave me hope. Good luck with the rest of the runs, I will get off out of the door and do mine. Unless I can find another reason to delay the inevitable.......

• Thanks. Hope your run went well too. If all goes according to plan (I don't want to tempt fate) next week, I think I may celebrate with cake lol

• Yep, it was ok. Can't believe there are only 5 to go! Cake will definately consumed after the last run 🍰

You may also like...