Hello!! 5k at end of June!!!

Hi everyone. I've just started running (plodding) and know it's going to take me a while to improve....I ran/walked 6km tonight which is great but it took me about an hour - I'm so slow!!! I'm booked to run a 10k at the end of June - have I given myself enough time to train so I can finish the race, and in a respectable time!? Any tips!?!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That should say 10k at end of June!!!

• I think it depends on where you are starting from. My beginning point was very fat and unfit and there would be no way I could start from now, go through a nine week program and be sure that I could do10 k in six weeks. But other people are doing 10k's just after graduating, being a lot more gazelle like I assume. Do you mind walking some of the 10 k? I am a bit worried you are setting yourself up for injury, with a bit of a high expectation, but as long as you listen to your body and take every other day off for rest, I am sure you are going to surprise yourself.

You may also like...