Wk 5r3 deja vu!

Was planning a rest day today after parkrun Saturday and a 10 mile cycle to swimming and back again yesterday but I had promised my 11 year old son I would do his first long run with him. He has been away with school so his run has been delayed and he was hoping I would go at the weekend, I suggested he repeat wk5r2 because he had had a week off which he did himself. So tonight we went out for our first run together, he was great! Saw him check his phone at 7 minutes in and then he got a stitch, told him to slow down and take big breaths in and out and he was fine, managed the whole 20 minutes! So proud of him and I think I will have a parkrun buddy in a month or so!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant - you must be so chuffed.

• Well pleased with him! Just wish the older two would extract themselves from their computer chairs and join in...

• I'd love my two to join in. This morning my six year old was pulling on her trainers with her pyjamas trying to follow me out the door. We've agreed on a couple of laps of the park at the weekend...

• I know how you feel. My son who's 12 did 3.5k with me the other day. Proud of him♥️

You may also like...