Couch to 5K
52,705 members84,827 posts

Wk 5r3 deja vu!

Was planning a rest day today after parkrun Saturday and a 10 mile cycle to swimming and back again yesterday but I had promised my 11 year old son I would do his first long run with him. He has been away with school so his run has been delayed and he was hoping I would go at the weekend, I suggested he repeat wk5r2 because he had had a week off which he did himself. So tonight we went out for our first run together, he was great! Saw him check his phone at 7 minutes in and then he got a stitch, told him to slow down and take big breaths in and out and he was fine, managed the whole 20 minutes! So proud of him and I think I will have a parkrun buddy in a month or so!

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant - you must be so chuffed.

1 like

Well pleased with him! Just wish the older two would extract themselves from their computer chairs and join in...

1 like

I'd love my two to join in. This morning my six year old was pulling on her trainers with her pyjamas trying to follow me out the door. We've agreed on a couple of laps of the park at the weekend...

1 like

I know how you feel. My son who's 12 did 3.5k with me the other day. Proud of him♥️

You may also like...