C25k runners everywhere!: Hi! I am just sitting... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,219 members β€’ 120,288 posts

C25k runners everywhere!

DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
β€’16 Replies

Hi! I am just sitting in my lounge and 5 runners have gone by (separately) that look like they are doing C25K - you can tell by the walking periods. I want to join them but it's my rest day (Wk5 R2 next)! How fabulous is this app?! I just love it! Getting people out and moving!! πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

16 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
LessToLose
LessToLoseGraduate

I think it is great too - I bet you wanted to cheer them on as well!

1 like
DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to LessToLose

I did LessToLose ! Lol!! Every runner is fantastic!

1 like
skysue16
skysue16Graduate

Yes, fantastic programme and quite amazing how it works!

1 like
PippiRuns

Not in Denmark. Yet. But with my never ending praise of the programme, it will spread like a bug.

4 likes
DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to PippiRuns

Get on it PippiRuns !! πŸ‘πŸ»

Son1
Son1Graduate

I find that, if we're out in the car, I'm saying 'there's another one, there's another one' etc. My poor husband, I think he just switches off, but since starting this, I see runners everywhere!

3 likes
heavyhorse
heavyhorseGraduate
in reply to Son1

I do that too! And I was thinking that people starting the programme feel a bit self conscious when people stare at them but the 'starers' are probably all of us newish runners trying to see if they are also c25k-ers!

2 likes
DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to heavyhorse

Yes they are heavyhorse ! (Love your name) πŸ€“

DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to Son1

Mine do that too Son1! πŸƒ

1 like
poppypug
poppypugGraduate

Ha ha Me too Donna ! Before I did the programme , I used to see runners running in the pouring rain , and in all weathers , running on Christmas Day etc and I used to think , are they mad ???

Now, I am exactly the same , and when I'm in the car and see another runner I am fascinated by what shoes have they got ? I wonder how far they've gone today ? Are they training for a race ? I wonder where theyre going ? Ha ha !

This bug BITES !!! :-D xxx

5 likes
DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to poppypug

It sure does bite @Poppypug!! πŸƒπŸ˜„

1 like
Getupandgo
GetupandgoGraduate

It is an amazing app. I am still in disbelief on most runs that it is actually me doing this amazing thing, something I really didn't feel I was capable of. It's so simple but brings so much positivity which just spills over. Glad you are enjoying it, keep at it, it just gets better.

3 likes
DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to Getupandgo

I feel like that too Getupandgo - I think "I can't believe I'm doing this" and that makes me smile and spurs me on lol!! πŸƒπŸƒ

1 like
Doodles123
Doodles123Graduate

If I can be honest I used to look at runners & think either ' they are nuts' or ' god, how slow'. Having now completed the programme & finding it challenging, I want to applause every runner, shout encouragement and admire every single one. Until you start from nothing & realise anyone can do it, you just don't get it. Now I get it!!!!!!!!!

5 likes
DonNnaB
DonNnaBGraduate
in reply to Doodles123

I was like that too! And now I'm one of them Doodles123 ! Who'd have thought? πŸ€“

2 likes

You may also like...