Wowsers! Can this really be right? 

Wowsers! Can this really be right? 

Just done the stamina podcast which I have done several times before......for the first time I set run keeper  going once I had done the 5 mins  warm up and stopped  it when I finished the 35 min run.

Have I really  just run 8.29k????? Here's me telling loved ones, friends and colleagues  constantly " yes I run but am nowhere near 5k!"Is there some sort of blip or has this really happened to me? Need to lie down as I am in shock!😊

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How does it compare with your "normal runs" pace wise ? 

Runkeeper can throw a wobble now and then , or not even blooming work Garr !! 

If that is a correct reading that is flying 😊

• Wow! That is an incredible time. That would be about a 42 minute 10k! I have never got anywhere near that. Well done you!

• Blimey.... that is fast! If that is correct... Goodness.. well done :)

• I honestly don't think it can be correct? I kept up the pace as per the podcast but as I say I have never logged the time/ distance before.so cannot comment on how it compares. 

Anyway, gonna enjoy the glory as it's there in writing lol! Anyone else do the stamina podcast and track the distance?  

• I honestly think it might be a blip...I run 5K fairly regularly and use Stamina lot...on it's own and incorporated in other, longer runs..but never got anywhere near 8 K.

I have just read on Realfoodieclub's post that the Elite men in today's London Marathon did a 30 minute 10K...so not sure.. did you feel you ran that far and that fast? :)

Enjoy anyway...:)

• I'm afraid it's probably a blip. Runkeeper is normally pretty reliable but it did tell me once I had run 4km in just over 3 minutes - still waiting for the Olympic selectors to ring me!

If you check the splits you might see if something looks suspect.

• But the crucial thing is you got a screenshot of it, suspect or not.

• Too right Rignold, think I will have it framed! 

• That's pretty darn good girl. How long are your legs?!

• Very!

• Runkeeper told me a couple of times that I'd run 8 miles in around 25 minutes, the GPS gets confused sometimes. MapMyRun sometimes does it too.

• Yip it once told me I had run 1km in 2.01mins. I think it was week 5 or 6! And still waiting for the Olympic selectors, me versus bolt 

You may also like...