Thought for the day

quotlr.com/author/chinese-p...

There was a man running about 50 meters ahead of me on my W7R2 run last night, and I witnessed another man, sat on his garden wall smoking a faaaaaag, say to him "come on you can do better than that".  When I reached him I think my glare may have been the only thing stopping him firing a bit of life advice at me too.

Anyway, the above proverb goes out to him and his nay sayers.  Up yours.  We rock.

Peace xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • We totally rock!  Strange that someone sitting down smoking thinks they are qualified to give racing tips.  Just ignore it, I have found most people are so encouraging with a "keep it up" or a friendly good morning

• The answer would be "so can you!  Give up the fags and join us before it's too late" 

• Love it....love the ancient proverbs... I wonder, why are people so horrid? It is totally beyond me. 

Maybe, if it happens again...a change of tactic... stop.. stare him straight in the eye and say. " I often wonder, if people can run as fast as their mouths... " Then sprint off like a gazelle :)

You may also like...