W6R1

Got out this morning while the sun was shining. So cold though so the gloves and hat were back out again although by the end I was peeling off the layers. I remembered what some of you said about going back to intervals after a straight 20 min run so I'd gone over in my head what it was going to look and feel like. The first 5 mins were tiring and o wondered how I'd ever done 20 mins but after the walk I felt great and completed the run feeling strong. Looking forward to the next one ☺ 

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! It's funny that, isn't it? You run 20 minutes without a break and then returning to intervals feels tough. I think week 6 is a major consolidation milestone. It was my toughest week, by far. I appreciate the effort now I'm on week 8 though! It all pays off. Good luck! 

• I know those first five minutes ugh...not feeling it today so taking a rest and hopefully get out tomorrow evening. I can only dream of week 8....I'm at the stage now where I'm just going from run to run. Well done with your progress...you're nearly there!

• You'll be grand. Once you get to the 25 minute run at the end of week 6 you will fly through the rest. Just take it really slowly. By my reckoning, there'll be plenty of time to speed up after graduation! 

You may also like...