Frustrated on the injury couch

Well, it's been over a week with no running since I injured my right calf on week 5 run 1 last Friday.  Very very frustrating but I know I just have to rest it. Managed to walk down the street to the bottle bank last night but that was painful and reminded me I'm a long way from trying to run yet. Today is especially hard as its Saturday -  I'm off work and free all day and it's sunny!  Plus, I exchanged my holey running shoes earlier this week so have brand new shoes to run in! Itching to get out !! (who would have thought?)

Today I should have starting been week six. But now not sure how I'll be when I do get back to it and if I should now go back to week 4 after the long unplanned break. We will just see how I do! 

Enjoy your runs today folks - and if your leg is painful towards the end please stop then despite Laura encouraging you on. I didn't and pushed thorough , and am regretting it. I am sure if I had stopped a couple of minutes earlier a few days rest would have seen me out again  and achieving the run and moving on. 

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh no hope you make a speedy recovery and you not out for too long but better to be safe than sorry.

Steve

• Thanks Steve!  I just so wish I had stopped when my body told me too last time! Anyway staying indoors today and hoping that helps. 

• Sorry to hear that you are injured - you are doing the right thing by resting. Must be very frustrating. All the best....

• Thanks! It has made be realise how much I am enjoying the programme as I am champing at the bit to get out again !!

You may also like...