26 down...and knee stitches?

So, almost to graduation - I did my W9R2 yesterday - it is getting better if still extremely slow - the unpleasant aching in the lower calves and ankles has stopped - not sure if this is because I have been stretching properly after a run or if my muscles and tendons are getting used to it, it's a great relief whichever. But what is it with those weird suddenly-come-and-suddenly-go intense pains in the side of the knee that make you run sideways for a few strides and then vanish? It sort of feels like a stitch, and never like an injury, but very odd. 

It was a lovely morning and although I can't say I enjoy the run yet, it is hugely helpful to understand why I always want to give up for the first 5 minutes. 

So to graduation - I am running 2.6 miles as part of a charity relay team on Sunday which is why I started this in the first place - so that will hopefully be my graduation run. Never really thought I could do this and thought I would be walking part of the way like last year. Great programme and great support on this forum.  

4 Replies

• What a lovely way to graduate!

Are you going to keep the running going afterwards?

• I'm certainly planning to - if I don't start enjoying it more I might just try for one run a week and do two other sessions each week like HIIT or weights or something. But hopefully I'll get to the point where the run itself is more enjoyable. 

• Good luck with your graduation run beverley... 😊yes  feel sure stretching afterwards helps with the aches and pains.. 

Not sure about your knee issue. Have you ever had your gait analysed in a running shop to check you are wearing the correct footwear. Some people over pronate  which can cause stress to the knee.

Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Almost there..onwards and upwards. Go you.😊

• Thanks Jan - I haven't done that and I think it's a good idea - my graduation present - a gait analysis and some zippy new running shoes!

You may also like...