W7R2: face now same colour as shirt

Got out about 9am while husband snoozed. Beautiful morning, surprisingly warm and sunny. Went pretty well, all told. Got round my route without a hitch, no interruptions and finished off further than I ever have. Think I might have set off a bit fast, my legs and brain started protesting quite quickly, but I tried to slow down and just kept going. It was a bit tough here and there in the sun (may need to get some shorts) and tough around the 18/19 minute mark which coincides with a shallow but long incline but I'm getting better at coping with the tough patches.

Made the mistake of looking in the mirror when I got home. Face had turned the same colour as my purplish running top!

I'm struggling getting my head round the idea that on Valentines Day, when I did W1R1, I struggled with just 8 minutes of running, and here I am doing 25 continuously.

3 Replies

• Well done! I just did W6 R3 and my face was also beetroot coloured for ages afterwards. Not long to go! 25 minutes was long enough for me, how long is week 7?

• Also 25, so exactly the same as W6R3. It took me two attempts to nail W6R3, so I could move on to week 8 now but I think I'll do it one more time as I'm enjoying the programme too much and want to eke it out.

• Well done Vivster! I know the feeling of progress - that's the best bit!

You may also like...