Week 5 Run 1 - went well πŸ˜€

I was looking forward to this one. Maybe because it's a bit less total running than last week πŸ˜‰. Three lots of five minutes: bish bash bosh.

Lovely chilly morning. I could see my breath. Run 1 went really well. I felt fresh and enjoyed it. Run 2, where the terrain gets a bit more tricky, the gremlins appeared, trying to persuade me to give up and go home, but I plugged on. Wondered if Laura had abandoned me at the midpoint of Run 2, and thought maybe she wasn't going to bother with a halfway time check, but she eventually cut in. Then it wasn't too long before she was saying I only had another 60 seconds, then I knew I'd be okay.

Had to extend the walk a bit in order to get safely on the other side of the main road. I'm not beating myself up about that anymore. It's not a test. Final run was slow, the first half is up a slight incline, so I have to just be patient and grind it out until the incline is behind me, then the last bit is easy, as the street levels out.

Sorry, that's a long post about a fairly uneventful run!

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Never an uneventful run... you ran it! That's a big event! Well done! I'm just in from w5r2..and it was great.. tough near the end as they all are..but you will manage.. x good luck x

• Well done vivster. Week 5 was my favourite.. go smash it. :) And tell us how you did it.....

You may also like...