Couch to 5K
71,348 members103,396 posts

Proof that running hills improves your speed...

I have been tackling a fair few hills recently, out on the trails around me (some more successful than others😮) but today was my 5k pavement run. Despite a bit of a tough week at work, I felt really strong from the off and came home with a PB of 26mins and 59 secs! This is just over a minute faster than my previous PB that I only hit on Saturday. Something has fallen in to place and I think part of it is getting my cadence right, and the other is all the hills and muddy runs I have been doing! It has definately made me a lot stronger, and I am a very happy lady this evening!

🙂

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow! That's brilliant Sandra. No wonder you're happy! Those good old hills, eh?

Thank you! It's all about hills isn't it?!☺

Fabulous Sandra, that's an incredible time and your hill work is definitely paying off. You certainly should feel a happy lady, you sound like a super fit one too. :) well done x

Yep, I do feel as though I have worked for it😮! Thank you.

brill well done sandra

Thank you☺

Omg!wow sandra you are super speedu!you are inspiring me to try harder!!😆

As you inspire me on trails!☺

Great time Sandra well done on the P B :)

Cheer Rob☺

1 like

Whatever it is you've done Sandra, you are certainly speedy! Well done! 😊

Thanks Frank☺

That is flippin' awesome Sandra !!!

26 minutes ???? That puts you in the " Super Racing Snake " Category !!

Well done you ! :-) xxx

1 like

Thanks poppy!

That's fantastic Sandra. An amazing time. And I think my 10K time that I was amazed by is down to the fact I live in a very hilly area and the 10k was completely flat.........so much easier!!

1 like

Thanks Sazzle - yep, those hills are good!☺

Well done. That's a good time and a remarkable improvement over a previous PB only a week ago. Hill sessions are awesome performance enhancers - you are getting the benefit (afterwards and the pain during) in heart, lungs, legs and whole posterior chain. I love programming them in my schedules and the results they give almost as much as I hate actually doing them.

I really really hate doing them.

2 likes

Thanks☺I kind of love them andhate them in equal measures, if you know what I mean! My PB last weekend was run in the morning. Today I ran after work and find I often run better later in the day, so that probably helped too.

That's amazing, well done! 26mins is super-fast.

Well, I did say 26mins 59secs so pretty much 27mins really. but happy with that☺ Thanks!

1 like

You may also like...