I'm claiming this as progress

Well today was a bit different.

Did my normal warm up walk and tried pausing Laura whilst I crossed the main road so I could start my run safely but hit the restart button by mistake. Decided it didn't matter I would run through the second warm up and just be five minutes ahead of Laura and finish when she said I had five minutes running left, simple!

Heading back home and feeling good, gone past 17.5 minutes and was stopped by a "proper runner" I know, (pause Laura) as she had spotted a car which had crashed into a ditch. All was OK, the police were aware but hadn't put a sticker on the vehicle, but this took quite a long time to find out.

Carried on with my run, restarted Laura but didn't put my headphones back on as I was being accompanied by the "proper runner" and actually held a conversation whilst running (she was jogging),

1) never in my wildest dreams did I think I could run and talk

2) was too shy/embarrassed to say the pace was a bit fast for me so powered through for as long as I could.

3) really enjoyed having a running buddy

Got to the point when I just had to stop and explained I had had enough and need to warm down,

4) was so happy when she said I was running a good pace.

Anyway when we parted company I put my headset back on and discover I had run right through the warm down, so five minutes extra at the start and five minutes extra at the end.

Can't claim this as a 35 minute run but know I ran further than normal and that I ran the last part faster than normal. Will have to re-do this run on Sunday to claim it as part of my C25k but it didn't feel like a wasted run and I feel like I have made progress anyway.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Don't sell yourself short....certainly sounds like major progress to me!

• Definitely progress and a confidence booster well done :)

• Wow, that's amazing! Well done on keeping pace with a 'proper runner'!

• Sounds like you could call it part of your c25k to me. :) if you ran for the required time it's a good'n.

You are doing so well.

You may also like...