Week 1, Day 1

Did the first outing this morning. Not too bad. There was one of the runs I didn't feel able to complete, began to beat myself up about it and then thought it really didn't matter. As long as I do all the work outs to the best of my ability I reckon I will get there in the end. Was all ready to go again tomorrow but when I spoke to my daughter she told me it's just 3 times a week, and there I was thinking it was every day! Quite looking forward to Tuesday's outing.

5 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Very well done for starting c25k. You won't regret it. ☺ Just remember to do the running sections at a slow pace, this will enable you to complete them without running out of steam and don't be tempted to skip rest days, this is when your muscles are repairing themselves. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on ☺

• Well done for starting C25K - it really is a fantastic programme. Sandy gave some good advise re pace and rest days. Also, it is absolutely fine to repeat runs, so that you know you are able to complete them before moving on. Maybe not a huge issue in the early days but becomes increasing important as the runs get longer. Good luck.🙂

• The biggest step for me so far was going out there on week 1 run 1 and getting to the end of it without collapsing! It's a huge psychological leap to go from thinking about doing it to actually getting out there, so massive congrats! I sometimes find myself comparing what I can do with others (especially outside of this forum), but then I remember every session I do is so much more than I was doing before I started. I've just started week 4, and am achieving things I never thought I would (5min non-stop jog, bloody hell!), and it all came from bothering to go for that difficult week 1 run 1. Stick with it, it's totally addictive! ☺

• Well done - you've taken the hardest step by getting out the door. Just take it nice and steady, do what Laura says and stretch out after those runs. You must take your rest days in between - it's an important part of the programme. Good luck!

• Hiya! Great job on getting out there and starting - it's the very first step and it's probably the hardest, too. I started 5 weeks ago, struggling to finish 60 seconds of running, and this morning I ran for 8 minutes solid! The program really does work. I always stretch before and after a run, as the first time I went out I didn't bother with any of that and was incredibly sore for the following two days!! Just take your time and enjoy yourself =]

You may also like...