My Running week(s)

Hi Everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.

My running has somewhat been curtailed by a chest infection. I had 2 weeks of holiday over the Christmas period and was looking forward to getting in some pretty good training for my triathlon. That all went to pot as I slowly succumbed to a cold and then man flu and a chest infection. Anyway I had already decided that I would run on Boxing day as I don't get Saturdays off normally so ran the Orpington Parkrun in a pretty dismal time of 31.01, at least dismal for me as I was hoping for a pb. In my defence I seemed to be working very hard and not getting anywhere, that was the cold playing its part, my heart rate told me at the end I shouldn't have really run it. More annoying than all of that was that I received a lovely brand spanking new pair of "proper" running shoes for Christmas and today was the first day that I have used them. I just went out for a gentle run this morning to see how I felt, which went ok. Monday is normally my long run but will just go out for a run and see how I go. I hope that you are all in good health and staying injury/sickness free. Until next week. TTFN.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...