I did it!!!!!!!

After starting and giving up after 3-4 weeks a couple of years ago, I began C25K again this September (turned 50 so time for a new challenge!). I am not a fan of exercise and def not of running but these podcasts mean you can put your gear on, get going and not have to think too hard about what to do. I have had my moments of wanting to stop, telling myself it's too hard, nearly keeling over when Laura said I had to run for anything longer than a minute but this morning I completed W9R3 and gave it my all. Do I feel tired? Yes I do a bit. Do I feel better for having done it? Absolutely. Am I proud of myself? Hell, yeah!! Will I continue to run? Yes, with the support of those in here and with the stepping stone podcasts I believe I will.

During the 'pitfalls' I reminded myself of how many other things in life I thought were too hard (learning to drive, algebra, degree, masters) but focused on the fact that I got on with them anyway and achieved my goals so running should be no different. I also told myself that it didn't matter if I couldn't do it in 9 weeks it didn't matter, if weeks had to be repeated, so what, stay focused on what I had achieved and keep on going.

Proud of everyone who is attempting this as it is not always easy and we are not all natural runners. Good luck everyone - stay focused on the end result. :-)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great post & Well done!!

• Well done! I turned 50 in the spring and love the fact that I can now run further than at any other point in my life! Proof, it it were needed, that it is NOT all downhill from here! in fact I am aiming for my first 10k in the spring! Enjoy that feeling of having graduated, and good luck wherever your running journey takes you😀

• Congratulations - you should be proud. Lots of fun adventures ahead of you!

You may also like...