I just ran 6k, and it was totally fine!

I just ran 6k, and it was totally fine!

I've worked out how to include a pic of my stats for the run, so see pic above. I'm not sure why it says my fastest pace was 5.08min/k, there must have just been a slightly faster moment during the run, or a blip in the GPS. My average pace was 7:56min/k and my laps were between 7:11min and 8min41. (Compare this with 2 weeks ago when getting below 9min was a real achievement). I ran down almost to the Thames and back, canal paths all the way. I'm absolutely on fire. After last Sat's parkrun I've just got new confidence. Also, my breathing is better somehow, something's shifted. When I got to 5k endomondo called out that I'd done it in 41min19, which is the fastest I've done 5k apart from at the parkrun, several mins faster in fact than what I was doing week before last, and I still had enough in me to keep going to 6k. I did a 5.33k run on Mon, a faster 3k run on Wed, then went for the 6k today. And did it. Feeling so good. Hope everyone else is making excellent progress too :)

Last edited by

6 Replies

• Nice one , Ruth. It's always lovely to get measurable improvement. Well done :)

• Fantastic Ruth, well done xxx

• Hi Ruth, I am glad you have persevered and are seeing the speed gradually build along with the stamina. A great result.

• Well done Ruth - I bet you feel great. Just goes to show that with determination, progress is more than possible. Keep it up!

• This is great Ruth well done!!!! I think you're right, sometimes there is a shift in gear, breathing, pace which just seems to happen :) enjoy and keep posting your progress, I'm just nudging 5k so this has motivated me today thanks :)

• Wow that's great, I'm on week 9 at the mo and five k is my next goal.

You may also like...