Nearly gave up - so glad I went out

Nearly gave up - so glad I went out

Week 5 run 1 last Wednesday and I developed a nasty pain in my hip and a niggle in my knee. Perhaps because I decided to up the pace a bit when Laura said "just one minute to go". Who knows? Anyway, I didn't go out on Friday as it still hurt. No longer painful on Sunday evening so decided Monday. But should I redo r1 or carry on forward?

I usually go out about 6.45am to fit into my day. Monday morning, woke up at 7.30, it felt too late, but I had a GP appointment at 9 so didn't have to rush, I could almost fit it in. (my route takes about 45mins in total)But then I looked at the drizzle outside. Perhaps not. Anyway how would I have time to get showered and out to the doctor?

At 7.55 I found myself fastening my shoes and going out for wk5r2. No excuses.

The drizzle was gentle, the hip didn't hurt, there were swans on the river. I went straight to my doctor's surgery without going home. They managed to find me a drink of water and were all too polite to say anything about my state of dress and 'glow'.

So, the excuses didn't win, C25K did, and I was astonished and really pleased to complete. Phew!

Damp Swans below!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wonderful! Good pic too

• Well done Annie it's so great when you manage to push through the negative thoughts and excuses 😆give yourself a big cheer whoo and keep I the great work xx

• Well done for going out. I have had a few hip niggles after a run, so know how you feel. Luckily mine died down after a few days rest. Bet your GP was most impressed! Ps, ah, love the piccie :-)

• Great stuff Annie !

I bet you felt great after that one :-)

Well done, keep going, youre doing great ! :-) xxx

You may also like...