Couch to 5K
76,701 members108,181 posts

Running too slow, sex and tortoises... although not necessarily in that order

Just remember, being slow isn't always a BAD thing..

From today's Independent...

if you need cheering up read this...

independent.co.uk/news/scie...

18 Replies
oldestnewest

I had a tortoise when I was little. I can confirm that he would 'cuddle up' to various inanimate objects to get some love :)

Not as shocking as the day I saw my guinea pig licking his 'telescope' clean!!!!!

1 like

well, I agree, having a guinea pig who was an astronomer and gazed at the stars must have come as a HUGE surprise and shock to you!!

1 like

Good grief! Everything I never wanted to know about tortoises - and wish I still didn't!! Er..thanks for sharing?!

Oops sorry well at least you learned something NEW? Bizarre newspaper article though? Slow news day? He he he

Yep, my mum has a small Hermann's tortoise who is rather fond of his upturned saucepan friend.

I was once lucky enough to stay in the Seychelles where there were giant tortoises roaming free. Was woken every morning at sunrise by a terrible grunting and the clashing of carapaces. I do have photos but won't post them here ;-)

Ha ha oh Emma, I will never forget that photo of your Mums tortoise and the saucepan !

What a laugh ! :-D xxx

1 like

And here is the original post, with photo of Tortoise dismounting Mrs Saucy Pan. Nothing too graphic. Should anyone be interested... :-D

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

3 likes

Ha ha love it ! :-) xxx

Simply genius!!

Phew a relief re pics but Seychelles? Its a hard life but someone has,to do it!

How come tortoises didn't come up on your tags, Tagmeister?

Too slow for tagging? (not cockney rhyming slang obviously!)

Someone has lost a spur thighed tortoise near where I live. I may put this link on their 'Missing' posters.

Also going to traumatise my jurassic park loving 12 year old with that wonderful fun fact very soon!

1 like

Lol oh the power!!!

ARGH! I can never forgive you for some of the mental images conjured up by that article.

Oh, and by the way: NSFW!!!!

Sorry prune xxx

"Cut it off????"!

lol *crosses legs* seems so...

You may also like...