Not so smug now are ya?

You'll be glad to know I've calmed down a bit after yesterday's graduation high.

Anyhoo, I decided to contemplate my post graduation running plan during a lovely walk along St Cyrus beach.

Now, St Cyrus beach is huge and deserted for the most part, and is reached by a steep path. Though the sun was beautiful, there was a howling head wind. I descended the path, tramped all the way up the beach and all the way back - brisk walk stylee. Funnily enough, and without meaning to, it was a 5k route.

But OH MY GOODNESS, the climb back up that bloody path! It very nearly finished me off. The sweat was lashing off me. Redder than a baboon's bum. I was puffing like a steam train. Even the seagulls were laughing at me.

Me? Fit? Ya reckon? I think I've got a long way to go before I've got this exercise thing sewn up.

Ah well. Onward.

4 Replies

• I know that feeling... I often walk up a hill nearby, and even with all the running I still huff and puff! But instead of taking 45 minutes to get to the top it's only 25 now :) There are days I intentionally go up at a good pace, and usually the next day I run - my pace is always better ... so keep going up that path, it's part of the training!

• It's like eating sprouts isn't it. You do it because it's good for you, even though you know you're going to suffer (and smell a bit when you're done). We will see how I fare on tomorrow's run, I hope you're right!

• Listen to Pigivi, she knows a thing or two about running :)

Good luck with that hilly path, it could just be your training secret weapon ;)

• Thanks for the post. Made me smile. I graduated last week and set off on a slightly hilly run this morning and stopped five minutes short, exhausted.

Onwards and upwards as they say! (Well not too much of the upwards if possible!)

You may also like...