It's amazing how far you run

Since Dunder2004 recommended plotaroute.com in a post earlier, I've spent some time poking it.

First I plotted my latest route, to see if the site distance tallied with the results from my Garmin - it did, showing just under 4 miles for 3 laps of my route round the village.

Then I thought I'd plot a potential route I've been thinking about, but that I thought was way too long for me - out of the village, to the next village, round the countryside and back into my village.

Turns out it's pretty much the same distance, just under 4 miles!

To sit and think about it, it seems like much further.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Too much sitting and thinking, not enough out and running ! Sounds like a nice village to village route, I hope you don't delay now you know it's not that far.

• It's my rest day!! I'm allowed to sit and think on a rest day. Laura said so :p

Actually it's not the best route for running on, it's quite a busy road with some dodgy corners where a lot of people don't anticipate other traffic on the road let alone runners.

Could be one for an early Sunday morning run when it's nice and quiet.

• Thanks for this, I'll be having a look shortly. One thing I do when thinking about new routes, especially longer ones, is to get my bike out and ride it so that I can see it clearly (I'm good at missing bits of it out in my head even when I think I've imagined every part of it).

You may also like...