Week 9, run 3, epic :)

Feeling pretty epic here. I made my goal of 4k, in fact 4.05k, up from 3.86 on Wed and 3.71 on Mon. So I've not only proved I can run for 30 min but also had a taster of gradually improving my pace, which I intend to keep doing for sure. 9 weeks ago I put a baggy cardigan over my tshirt and tracksuit trousers, put an old pair of converses on my feet, and went out with keys, headphones and the couch to 5k app on my phone. 27 (!) posts on here later, and 27 sessions with Laura later, I've become some kind of mini expert on how my body works when it runs. Very happy to have achieved this :) :) :) Thanks for all help, advice and cheering on, hope I can do the same for the next runners who come through here too.

25 Replies

• Hurray! Glad to be the first to congratulate you - I've really enjoyed sharing your journey along the way and hope to continue. Hope you're feeling massively proud, you've done brilliantly :)

• Thanks GLudwig, yes feeling very proud and positive about keeping on running and being a fitter person from now onwards :) Hoping to keep going with support from this forum and the various different podcasts, and seeing how everyone else gets on post graduation too :)

• Brilliant Ruth! We've enjoyed sharing your progress. Lots of lovely running adventures to plan now.

• A pleasure to share my progress, but mostly thanks for the support! Cheers! :)

• Very well done and congrats Ruth.

• Thanks Dunder. Hope your running is going well :)

• Very well done Ruth, you sound rightly proud of all you've achieved. Loving that graduate badge m'dear. :)

• Thanks, pretty chuffed at that graduate badge :)

• Excellent! Really well done Ruth :)

• Well done, Ruth! It's so good to see people succeed with this business. Glad to see you so proud of your achievement!

• Thanks! Definitely proud. Hope you're keeping momentum going okay, that's my next challenge :)

• very well done Ruth, great achievement , you must busting with pride :D way to go !!

• Thanks for all the encouragement (not so) Slow Rob!

• enjoy your new found running world Ruth :D it is a wonderful world to be in

• Congratulations!

• Congratulations. You can treat yourself to a guilt free Easter egg :-)

• Yipppeeeeeeee!!! Well done on getting yer badge :) keep that grin all Easter weekend eh?

• Nice badge :)

• Stunning feeling. Amazing achievement. You will be an inspiration to those that follow just as others have been to us. Well done.

• Yayy! xxx

• Ruth, well done on completing the programme, I have enjoyed following your progress

• Well Done RCR!! Congratulations on graduating and its lovely to see your badge.

• Just seen this. Congratulations !

• Many congratulations Ruth I hope your still celebrating

• Brilliant! I look forward to following (red-faced and puffing) your further running adventures :)

You may also like...