Wk 7, r2 completed on treadmill, not cross-trainer :)

After all my angst about what to do on the cross-trainer, I got to the gym and thought 'well, I'll just give the treadmill a go, and stop if it hurts', and I did the whole run without any probs with knees at all :) The problems I had were mental!! It was soooooo boring! I found myself just watching every second tick slowly by on the timer. Nothing like running out in the fresh air at all. I'm trying to see it as a means to an end though. The treadmill is obviously kinder to my knees, and I followed the run up with plenty of strength exercises for my legs, so hopefully I'll be back outside soon :)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done the cushioning on modern treadmills is good for your joints but I agree there is nothing better than running outside. Music can help with the treadmill or videos depending on your gym

• Couldn't agree more about how boring treadmill running is, but it's better than not running at all. I always covered the timer with my towel so I couldn't watch it. Of course, that meant I ended up watching myself in the mirror instead * shudders at the memory*

• I must be the odd one out around here as I don't mind the treadmill at my gym, but it does face the window that looks out onto the swimming pool so there's always something to watch.

You may also like...