So last week I ACTUALLY FINISHED! Never when I started did I actually think that I would complete this right to the end. And I did it in 10 weeks and that was only due to illness! I Have done some runs since I have finally today completed my first 5k which I am so happy about. Thanks for all you support and encouragement as I couldn't have done it without it.

I was just wondering what people did after they finished as I don't want to get stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over again. I also wondered what sort of times of distances you were doing at the end of the programme.

4 Replies

• Congratulations! I hope you feel very proud.

People go for different things. Some go for speed, some increase distance, some like races - the world is your oyster. Lots of people like the C25K+ podcasts. I suggest you mix it up a bit to find out what you enjoy so that you keep your motivation.

• Hi Katie, Congratulations on graduating last week! I'm just back in from Wk9 R2 and hoping, provided nothing goes disasterously wrong, to graduate on Saturday. I started doing Park Runs at week 6, so have done 3 now. The first two I walked portions of after my C25K run time was up but last week I 'ran' the whole way - 5K - and it took me 39 minutes and 59 seconds - this was my second PB at park run. I'll be graduating there Sat morning hopefully and, I hope, I'll run the full distance again and knock a few seconds off for another PB. So, like you , I've been thinking about what to do next - at the moment I'm thinking I'll increase the running time of my Monday run weekly, do one of the C25k+ podcasts on Wednesdays and keep Park Running on Saturdays... If you don't already PR then I'd suggest you give it a go - it's great!

• Well done you...I would have a new goal, a 10k perhaps to keep you motivated?

• Well done Katie. Many congratulations. Keep running whatever you do! Gently to start with and increase your distance only slightly each week. The C25k+ podcasts can keep you busy for weeks and then it will be onwards and upwards towards to 10 k

You may also like...