Week 5, run 3, pheweee

I forgot to do the inhaler as I meant to, and also broke my resolution not to drink on nights before runs (much wine and cider consumed out with friends, and late to bed of course as well), but I still went for the run, 20 mins straight, and gave myself a complete battering. For the first minute of the warm down walk afterwards it felt like I was walking on someone else's legs, felt like I'd really overdone it, and then everything just returned to normal, and I feel like I could totally just go and do another run right now! Bring on week 6 :)

12 Replies

• Well done, Ruth. It's a big moment, that one! Hope you're feeling very pleased with yourself.

• Yep, pleased and a little impatient :)

• Wow! you did well after a heavy night too! I couldn't do it - too old I suppose :) It's a great one to get out of the way and not long until you are running that extra 10 minutes. Nice to hear of another canal runner. I run the Grand Western Canal and love it - it is easy to eat up those miles when you have a scenic run - Good luck for graduation and post us on your victory run :)

• Thanks - I kind of forced myself even though worse for wear. I need to get way more disciplined, so not allowing myself excuses unless I'm actually ill. Not that young myself at 35 so should know better... I love the canal, the woodburning smells and all the birds, it feels like being in the country. The part I'm running up is the Lee Navigation, going past the Olympic Park. Good to meet another canal runner too :)

• Very well done Ruth, that's a big milestone achieved, you are now well on your way.

• well done 5/3 is never really as bad as you think :D you have done it now so a big tick against that :D your recovery times will get better as you progress and get fitter and stronger :D

• You are doing really well, and sounds like you are addicted to this running lark too!!

Mmm, wine & late nights!? Wish I could but I can't 😥

Happy running :-)

• Really well done. That's a milestone for any runner and you've just done it! Take your rest day and go very slowly for the next run. It can be a tricky one as its back to intervals.

• Well done! It's a great feeling isn't it, and what a wonderful achievement!!

• well done ruth for getting out there even after a heavy night! :-)

• Thanks everyone. I'm feeling quite confident at the moment. But need to get much more disciplined I think :)

• That's brilliant, isn't it great how much faster we recover now? xx

You may also like...