10k in slow motion

Really pleased with myself as I managed a 10k on Wednesday. It was slow and most people could walk quicker, but I done it.

I am still very anxious about running since my bad fall in February. Last week I had my pinky x rayed and its fractured. wondered why it remained so swollen 3 weeks down the line. It has boosted my self esteem to get out there again though, so all being well I am out again on Friday too.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

24 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. 10k is a mean distance and managing that run is fantastic no matter the time.

Enjoy your next outing and hope the pinkie heals soon :)

• Thanks I managed 7k today on a very windy day.

• Well done on your 10k, it is a great achievement you should be pleased with yourself 😊

• Thank you I feel really good that I done it.

• Fantastic!! Glad to hear your back out there!! Doing 10km is great, you should be pleased.

• I am back but not to my normal fitness and still with some anxiety that I might trip up.

• Congratulations on your 10k. A fab achievement :)

• I feel really good and was back out there again and did 7k.

• I aspire to 10k (working on it!).

Well done you :-) xx

• You will get there honestly, I have been doing this now for 3 years, it will be worth it in the end, trust me.

• Well done!!!!! :)

• thanks

• good on you - 10k is phenomenal! Im so slow my W5R3 (20 mins) took me 1.8km lol...not sure its possible to go slower but hey, perseverance ;)

• Aileen you will get there and it wont be long.

• Welcome to the slow 10k club. I loved the feeling of my first 10k and like you I am slow but steady. I just look at another way rather than speed, look at all those extra calories We burn because we are out longer. Happy running.

• I used to be faster, but weight gain has slowed me down a lot. Best time was 63 mins for a 10k. One day I hope to be back there.

• A big cheer for you - brilliant stuff!! Give yourself a pat on the back ;-)

• thanks I enjoyed a wee glass of wine tonight as I managed 7k today.

• Well done Burst, a brilliant achievement , Go you ! :-) xxx

• Thanks poppypug, I just need to concentrate now and keep consistent with my running.

• Well done! I hoping to get to 10k soon & my time will be slow too.

• Hey you will get there and it will be a fab feeling.

• Brilliant! I'm still buzzing from my first 10K I probably ought to stop buzzing and do it again! Slow is fine, 10k is BRILLIANT!

• it wasn't me first 10k, but the first in a long time and following injury. I lost a lot of confidence and have gained a lot of weight, which makes this feel like a great achievement.

You may also like...