10k in slow motion

Really pleased with myself as I managed a 10k on Wednesday. It was slow and most people could walk quicker, but I done it.

I am still very anxious about running since my bad fall in February. Last week I had my pinky x rayed and its fractured. wondered why it remained so swollen 3 weeks down the line. It has boosted my self esteem to get out there again though, so all being well I am out again on Friday too.

24 Replies

• Well done. 10k is a mean distance and managing that run is fantastic no matter the time.

Enjoy your next outing and hope the pinkie heals soon :)

• Thanks I managed 7k today on a very windy day.

• Well done on your 10k, it is a great achievement you should be pleased with yourself 😊

• Thank you I feel really good that I done it.

• Fantastic!! Glad to hear your back out there!! Doing 10km is great, you should be pleased.

• I am back but not to my normal fitness and still with some anxiety that I might trip up.

• Congratulations on your 10k. A fab achievement :)

• I feel really good and was back out there again and did 7k.

• I aspire to 10k (working on it!).

Well done you :-) xx

• You will get there honestly, I have been doing this now for 3 years, it will be worth it in the end, trust me.

• Well done!!!!! :)

• thanks

• good on you - 10k is phenomenal! Im so slow my W5R3 (20 mins) took me 1.8km lol...not sure its possible to go slower but hey, perseverance ;)

• Aileen you will get there and it wont be long.

• Welcome to the slow 10k club. I loved the feeling of my first 10k and like you I am slow but steady. I just look at another way rather than speed, look at all those extra calories We burn because we are out longer. Happy running.

• I used to be faster, but weight gain has slowed me down a lot. Best time was 63 mins for a 10k. One day I hope to be back there.

• A big cheer for you - brilliant stuff!! Give yourself a pat on the back ;-)

• thanks I enjoyed a wee glass of wine tonight as I managed 7k today.

• Well done Burst, a brilliant achievement , Go you ! :-) xxx

• Thanks poppypug, I just need to concentrate now and keep consistent with my running.

• Well done! I hoping to get to 10k soon & my time will be slow too.

• Hey you will get there and it will be a fab feeling.

• Brilliant! I'm still buzzing from my first 10K I probably ought to stop buzzing and do it again! Slow is fine, 10k is BRILLIANT!

• it wasn't me first 10k, but the first in a long time and following injury. I lost a lot of confidence and have gained a lot of weight, which makes this feel like a great achievement.

You may also like...