Week 6 run 2 - plus a bit!

I'm feeling great! I realised yesterday that my legs felt better than I can remember, and when I went for a half hour or so walk, I really noticed that I felt fitter. Waking this morning, on my day for week 6 day 2 (run 10, walk 3, run 10) I felt ready!

I'd noticed that in the previous weeks that, although I've completed each session without too much of a struggle, my legs always felt a bit stiff and ungainly at the beginning of running (yes, I do warm up!). Not today, though! My running felt much more fluid, and when I got to the end of the second 10 minute run, I kept going for a further 2 minutes. I could have pushed further, but thought that having done 23 minutes of running with just 3 of walking in the middle, I was much more confident about Friday, and the 25 minute run.

Isn't this great?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic Steve. I found runs 1 and 2 on week 6 difficult after the high of week 5. You can see the finishing line now!

• Well done Steve. 😊

• That's fantastic Steve!

I always fine my legs and ankles feel like that before every run. I warm up too (walk dog for 30-40 mins and then the 5min walk on the app).

When I ran before (a couple of years ago) and then graduated I experienced the same thing and it's never disappeared for me :( So pleased it has for you though! :)

You may also like...