Week 4, run 2, armed with halls soothers and tissues

I've been waiting for my cold to go, but as usual it drags on. I judged that I'd be okay to do a run today if I took it easy. But to ward off the hacking cough I took some halls soothers and also took some tissues for my nose. They were needed! I took it easy, up the canal and back again. A bit too daytimey for my liking but only encountered half a dozen people. Glad that after 6 days off I've been able to just pick up where I left off, if rather slowly and between nose blows! In fact I think the deep breathing during the running has helped my cough a bit, as my lungs are feeling much less wheezy now... new cold cure?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You might just have found the cure, you know.

Well done for getting out there, even when you're not feeling 100%.

• Thanks Tomas, I do feel better now. The sun was out, so I got lots of vit d and fresh air, and the knowledge I can still do this even when I'm not 100%

• I noticed that the other day, went out with a horrible cough, when I got my rhythm going I stopped coughing...it started again though when I got home!

• Yes I was awake most of last night with the hacking cough... worried I've made it worse now...

You may also like...