W2R1 - injury

Did the first two run-walk repetitions of the run no issue. Next repeating excruciating pain in my ankle. Couldn't continue running or even walking. Abandoned. This was on Sunday morning on treadmill as usual. Continued on the stationary bike but I prefer running.

I can still on morning when walking and suddenly if the foot is at a certain orientation to the ground the pain just comes.

What to do next? Will give it a couple of days and see if pain subsidies. Meanwhile will continue on the bike.

6 Replies

• Weirdly, running on the treadmill hurt my ankle too even though I never had ankle issues outside. Perhaps you're going to have to be an outside runner ;)

• It might be that your ankle needs strengthening. Maybe give yourself a couple of weeks of regular, daily walks to build some more muscle mass in the ankle, and then try again.

• Have you got proper running shoes for support? And have you ever had a previous injury to your ankle as this could be rearing its head now.

If the answers are yes and no, then take some time off running, strengthen your ankle (there are loads of exercises on YouTube) and try again. If it still hurts, then you should see your doctor or physio

• Yes I went to shoe shop for fitting.

No previous injuries whatsoever.

Thanks for the input. Will give it a week and try again.

• If it continues I'd advise going back to the shop, they'll probably be able to change your shoes if they're not suitable.

• Ankle fine now. Back on the run. hurray! W2R1 done. Outside this time. Much better running outside I think with the fresh air and the scenery. Problem is I finish work late normally so have to go past gym on my way home hence the treadmill. May I will be running on weekends outside

You may also like...