Week 3, run 1, managed the 3 min runs fine

It seemed a bit of a leap to try and do the 3 min runs, but it was absolutely fine! I feel like the process is very much underway and some much much longer runs are coming soon! At least I'm well equipped now and there's no more ice. Thanks everyone for the support keeping me going. Sending good vibes to everyone else getting started on the couch to 5k. Keep going :)

16 Replies

• great stuff :D you are well on your way now :D that is the beauty of C25K each week builds you for the next, gradually, and so on. Just take each run as it comes ,even those longer ones, you can and will do them :D

• Now it gets fun. The short bursts feel a bit like 'beginner world'. Now you're onto the slightly longer runs, you feel more like a proper runner. Keep going!

• Well done, Ruth!

• Well done, Ruth, keep on running!

• Thanks! By April I hope to be very fit and healthy :)

• Well done Ruth , you have given me inspiration . I ended up having to work on Monday , so unable to do my week 2 run 1 as planned . Felt great this morning after four days working in a hot hospital from 7am to 20.00hrs it was great to get out in the fresh air and run !

• Yes Hazy22 that's the other advantage of course. I'm checking out the canal wildlife while doing these runs, and go into the day thinking about swans, moorhens and ducks rather than my usual mundane worries. Glad you finally got out!

• VERY impressed! I've been putting off W3R1.

If I don't do it tonight then the schedule will be out of kilter. Been feeling a bit low but I know that I'll feel better having done it ... its just getting out the door ... *gulp*

• Did you do it...? Do it! Just get out there :)

• I did & it wasn't half as bad as I expected so I'm looking forward to tomorrows run!

Thanks Ruth - these notes & support are great motivators!

• Congratulations! I just finished week 2. It's good to know you found wk3r1 easy. Maybe I will too (fingers crossed).

• You sound very much in control. Well done.

• Well done. I'm hoping to go out tomorrow night for Wk3 Run1. Let's hope the weather stays ice-free from now as it makes running better!

• Well done, your canal sounds wonderful. Enjoy your running x

• Well done. I'm a bit behind you.. Just finished week 2. Due to start week 3 on Sunday... Glad 3 min runs were ok.

• If you're following the podcasts, then you'll find Laura is really good at talking you through. She reminds you to do 'a light jog', and tells you when you're halfway through. They weren't quite so easy today, but that's my own fault for not respecting my body enough to have an early night and healthy early dinner the night before. Will not repeat that! Good luck for starting week 3 :)

You may also like...