W3r1

Gosh can't believe its the start if week 3 already. This is my last week of being able to do morning runs until the mornings are brighter. I'm not great after work but needs must.

I wasn't sure I'd manage this, but I did....phew.

I decided to run in a field as my knees felt like they needed a break from Tarmac. It was pretty muddy but that did mean I was very slow. Because it was a tad drizzly, it also meant no one was around so I could huff and puff my runs in private. When does one get over the embarassment of being a beginner?

Achey legs now but a days rest should sort that out, or I hope will sort that out

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • I ran the muddy, icy trail yesterday and you will find it slower because of the nature of the terrain. Slow is good. Slow is when running legs are built.

I like running when it's dark, either in the evening or in the morning. I ran as dawn broke the other week and loved it.

Your runs are your affair so I wouldn't worry about what other folks might think. They're not looking at you anyway I think you'll find. You just think they are. I bet you're not nearly as noisy as you think you are. Stop worrying and enjoy your runs.

You may also like...