W2r3 - just needed to run

Not sure why but I just really wanted to get out and do my run this evening. It's cold and dark so I used my head torch (it keeps moving but I feel safer with it on as I can be seen in Reas where there is no lighting).

I ran at lunchtime yesterday so today was meant to be my rest day but I was sat on the sofa and got the urge to go. I sat with it for a while but it got stronger and stronger. So I went, and I managed the run and did an extra 30 seconds on run 3 too.

I am pretty nervous about w3 but if all I manage is this then at least I am enjoying what I am doing. W2r2 was in the drizzle and I didn't mind that either. I think I may have caught the bug

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wooooo! Sounds like the running bug has definitely bitten you! Don't worry about week 3 - it's perfectly manageable :) x

• You have ze bug and ze bug has you. - Well done completeing week 2 - especially as you are running in the cold and wet - I started in the summer when the weather was fair and have much respect for runners who are beginning in Winter - you are a hardy bunch and things will only get easier (well for the next nine months or so :) And don't be nervous about week 3 or indeed any of the weeks - simply stick at it and you will get there :)

You may also like...